Master of Education (Educational Leadership and Management)
MEdeLM emphases on the followings:
- Foundation of education,
- Psychology of learning and instruction,
- Curriculum and instruction,
- Technology in education,
- School effectiveness and improvement,
- School financial management and control,
- Education and law,
- Quantitative research methods in education,
- Qualitative research methods in education,
- Project paper.
Entry Requirement to MEdeLM:
- Bachelor of Education (Hons) from educational institutions recognized by Malaysian government or professional bodies; OR
- Bachelor Degree (Hons) with Education from educational institutions recognized by Malaysian government or professional bodies; OR
- Bachelor Degree (Hons) and Diploma in Education/ Certificate in Teaching/ Diploma in Teaching from recognized by Malaysian government or professional bodies; OR
- Bachelor of Education from educational institutions recognized by Malaysian government or professional bodies and working experience of at least one (1) year in related field, OR
- Bachelor Degree with Education from educational institutions recognized by Malaysian government or professional bodies and working experience of at least one (1) year in related field, OR
- Bachelor Degree and Diploma in Education/ Certificate in Teaching / Diploma in Teaching from educational institutions recognized by Malaysian government or professional bodies and working experience of at least one (1) year in related field, OR
- Bachelor Degree (Hons) from educational institutions recognized by Malaysian government or professional bodies and working experience of at least one (1) year in related field, OR
- Bachelor Degree from educational institutions recognized by Malaysian government or professional bodies and working experience of at least two (2) years in related field, OR
- Through “Open Entry” in which candidate must fulfilled the requirements of Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA), that is:
a) Possess at least STPM/Matriculation, or equivalent;
b) At least 35 years of age on first of January of the year of application
c) At least possesses 5 years of working experience in related field.
Graduates of this programme: – may continue to be teachers in the pre-school/primary/secondary/public/private schools; or
- may be promoted as headmasters/principals; senior education officers at district education offices, state education departments, Ministry of Education or Ministry of Higher Education
- continue as lecturers/ administers at the institutions of higher learning, or
- may proceed to higher degrees.
- Course Fee : RM 16,100.00
- Registration Fee : RM 500.00
- Annual Fee : RM 500.00
- Rate per credit hour : RM 350.00
Financial assistance can be obtained from either KWSP or MyBrain.
UNITAR Alumni (Ex-graduates) are eligible for a discount of 10%.
Do hurry, as Malaysia government MyBrain, a post graduate financing scheme ends in December 2014.
Online application @ http://www.dynamic-education.com/ipd/myform/myform/sidmaonline2010.php
For more information please call us at 088-732000 or 088-732020.
For more information please refer to http://www.unitar.my/
Read more @ http://www.sabah.sidma.edu.my/sidma2010/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=458:unitar-sabah-sidma-college-offers-master-of-education-educational-leadership-and-management&catid=3:latest-news
UNITAR Special Certificate Award Ceremony for its Sabah Master of Education Graduates
Tuesday, 31 March 2015 17:04
UNITAR International University Petaling Jaya and UNITAR Sabah Regional Centre joined forces to organise a Special Certificate Award Ceremony at Grand Ballroom, Hotel Juta, Keningau on 28 March 2015, specially for UNITAR Keningau Study Centre’s first batch of 61 Master of Education (Educational Leadership and Management) graduates who attended UNITAR 2nd Convocation held at PICC Plenary, Putrajaya on 1st and 2nd November 2014.
The event, which was attended by Dr. Sakina Sofia Baharum (Vice Chancellor), Assoc. Prof Dr. Hajjah Zaida Mustafa, Dean, Faculty of Education and Communications; Prof Dr. Morni Hj Kambrie (Chairman SIDMA College, UNITAR Sabah), Encik Masly Wahip (District Education Officer, Keningau), Puan Azlina Ngatimin (Director, Corporate Relations and Business Development), Managers, Heads of Departments, lecturers from UNITAR Sabah, as well as teachers from the district of Keningau and its surrounding areas; was officiated by the Honourable Datuk Haji Sairin Bin Haji Karno, Assistant Agriculture and Food Industry Minister.
Hon. Datuk Sairin in his officiating address congratulated these teachers for their initiatives to up-grade their academic qualifications by enrolling themselves to undergo their Master in Education degree in UNITAR International University. Datuk Sairin also congratulated UNITAR for exerting serious efforts to reach out to teachers from the rural settings of Sabah to receive quality professional and academic development through its dual study mode programme – the conventional face-to-face lectures and the virtual learning through E-book and UNIEC.
During the event, Honourable Datuk Sairin, was given the honour to present special awards to the accomplished graduates. The awards presentation was witnessed by Dr. Sakina, Encik Masly, Dr. Morni, and the Keningau teachers.
UNITAR conducted the event as a Home Celebrationto congratulate UNITAR Sabah’s Master of Education graduates, and to provide the necessary and continuous professional development to these outstanding individuals.
Encik Masly Wahip was later given the honour to officiate a Research Colloquium - Perkongsian Kemahiran Penyelidikan Adad ke 21entitled “Mudahnya Penyelidikan” presented byAssoc. Prof Dr. Hajjah Zaida Mustafa, Dean, Faculty of Education and Communications; and Puan Ku Faridah Ku Ibrahim, Faculty Early Childhood Studies of UNITAR International University
Encik Masly in his speech too conveyed special thanks to UNITAR International University for making efforts to encourage and assist teachers from the interior settings of Sabah to up-grade their professionalism and academic qualifications.
Dr. Zaida through her made-easy research paper, a step-by-step guide to academic writing, indicated a sequential approach to encourage teachers in writing their research papers: from selecting a topic, doing the research, organizing the materials, and producing the finished document. It thus serves as a catalyst for teachers particularly from the rural settings of Sabah to develop the love and craze for continuous learning and up-grading their professionalism as well as their academic achievement; willing to explore the vast and very diversified teaching and learning models, approaches, methodologies, and techniques to greater heights, thus benefiting their students and teacher professionalism.
Meanwhile, Puan Ku Faridah Ku Ibrahim introduced the Mendeley apps, a desktop and web programme to assist researchers to simplify reference management, sharing research papers, discovering research data as well collaborating on-line. Mendeley apps is very useful for researchers, particularly those doing their PhD studies as the programme enable them to know how ideas and academic theories evolve and cross-pollinate each other, as well as discover new literature in one field of study.
During the event, three candidates who are currently undergoing their PhD studies with UNITAR International University were given the honour to present their research proposals. They are Encik Amjah Yunus (IPGM Keningau), Puan Mary S. Samy (PPD Keningau), and Encik Abdul Gani Ajim (SMK Keningau).
Teachers who possess a Master of Education (Educational Leadership and Management) from UNITAR can be promoted as Headmasters, Principals, Senior Educational Officers, lecturers, administers in any educational institutions; both in the public and private sectors.
Currently, UNITAR Sabah Regional Centre, Jalan Bundusan, Kota Kinabalu and Keningau Study Centres offer the following Masters programme:
All potential candidates are invited to make inquiries at SIDMA College, UNITAR Sabah, Jalan Bundusan, Kota Kinabalu at 088-732 000 or 088-732 020 or click on UNITAR Sabah Website for more information or online registration.
Candidates who possess a Bachelor degree or its equivalent from any recognized Malaysian Institution of Higher Learning and a minimum of one year working experience in a related field can apply. Candidates with only STPM, matriculation or diploma certifications, not less than 35 years of age, and with at least 5 years of working experience in their related field can also apply through “Open Entry.”
Financial assistance can be obtained through KWSP and My Master. Terms and conditions applied.
Potential candidates who are interested to pursue their PhD degrees with UNITAR International University, please liaise with Madam Puteri Shaharulbariah Mohamed, Senior Executive, Registrar’s Office. Tel: 03-7627 7347 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more @ http://www.sabah.sidma.edu.my/sidma2010/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=696%3Aunitar-special-certificate-award-ceremony-for-its-sabah-master-of-education-graduates-&catid=3%3Alatest-news&Itemid=0